Sunday, September 29, 2013

A Seemingly Uneventful Place

Everyday I walk through campus and I don't think a whole lot about what I am walking by, the history of the place, the people before me who have tread their feet on the sidewalk and sidewalks before.  All I think about is making it to class on time and whether or not I have to stop at the library to print something or if I have to do any forgotten homework before chemistry class.  I'm sure there is a lot I do not know about MSU and it's territory.  Over the years since the turn of the century what has happened here? How did it all begin? What was it like when all that was built on campus was a few small buildings and Montana Hall? I came to find out that Hamilton Hall was one of the very first women's dormitories.  To think  it is now filled with classrooms and newly refurbished! It obviously is very different now then it was back in the early 1900's. I think about all the progression since then, the extraordinary people that have learned before me.  I realize I walk all over, around, and by history all the time.  A seemingly boring everyday walk to class suddenly sparks curiosity in my mind.  Who knows what the whole of the MSU campus has seen from it's birth to the present year.  

The picture is one taken around 1915 on visitor's day, Montana Hall is on the right and as you can see, there is no city in sight! Fascinating to see all the production done in the last century! 

No comments:

Post a Comment