Wednesday, October 30, 2013

Empathy

A few classes ago we were talking about empathy: being able to understand different perspectives; and how having a good imagination helps a person understand others.  Upon hearing this I realize I have a fantastic sense of empathy.  My imagination has always been strong and I find myself using it everyday in every situation.  I even incorporate it into understanding my chemistry homework!  Without my imagination I wouldn't be who I am and I am very glad that I have this gift.  Being that my imagination is alive and well I find myself very in tune with the people around me and what they are feeling.  Friends often come to me when they need advice or comfort because I understand them, I can feel what they feel because I am able to put myself in their shoes.  I find this a tremendous gift to have as well.  Helping those in need brings me joy and the fact that I am able to do this through me powerful imagination is rewarding to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment